Thursday, December 01, 2011

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Taryn Raye's Special Ornaments




Taryn says: 
"I'd like to share a photo of something old- a Nativity scene in an eggshell that is a very cherished item in my possession, as my grandmother gave it to me when I was in my early teens and it was an item she got when she was a missionary in South America. (at least I believe that's when she bought it) It was handcrafted in a real eggshell and does have a small bulb to back-light the Nativity scene. I'm not sure how old it is,but it is one of my favorite decorations.






"And for a little something new - 

Our usual tradition for ornaments every year includes getting one ornament for my husband and I and one for each of the kids, but this year, we decided 10 years together meant something special, so we altered the tradition of individual ornaments and opted for one to represent our family milestone- a Snow Family- mother, father, son and daughter. It's a Hallmark musical ornament that plays "We Need a Little Christmas" and it's yet another favorite ornament along with all the homemade ones my children have made either here at home or at school. Merry Christmas."

Like Taryn's Facebook fan page

No comments:

Post a Comment