Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Angela Meyer Joins The Great Christmas Tree Tour 2015



Christmas Memory Favorites

I keep thinking that one of these years, I’ll just leave the “some assembly required” tree in the garage and go hunting for a live one, the very smell of which adds to the atmosphere of Christmas. I look forward to the day. Especially with our tall ceilings.

Even if we switch to a live tree, our ornaments will most likely remain our collection of memories we hang. I think my daughter would riot if I put up a coordinated designer tree in its place. My only concern is running out of room since we add to our collection each year. 

We look for something sentimental that represents our life during the year in some way. I also like to collect angel and nativity ornaments. One of my favorite ornaments I found a couple of years ago after my debut novel released: a typewriter with “Once upon a time…” etched into it.

This year, my favorite new memory ornament is this Eagle, Anchor Globe, a gift from my son who is in the Marines.

What is your all-time favorite ornament that hangs on your tree? Or two, or three favorites? 



Where Hope Starts 
In a city full of dreams… Karen Marino’s life is a nightmare. The New York City restaurant manager is a professional success, but her marriage is in shambles. When her husband, Barry shows up drunk at her restaurant, she loses both. She flees The Big Apple and returns to her Midwestern home to sort through her options. But instead of answers, she finds an old boyfriend ready to rekindle romance, a family full of secrets and an angry brother bent on revenge.

Still in New York, Barry fights his own demons. He knows he messed up, but is powerless to stop his rage and addictions. A fistfight on the streets of the city lands him in jail and forces him to face the possibility of a future behind bars. 

Karen knows holding onto her bitterness won’t repair her marriage. But how do you forgive someone when you don’t feel like it? As she searches for the answer, she uncovers the family secret that threatens to tear them all apart. Can she find her way back to the place Where Hope Starts?




Angela D. Meyer lives in Nebraska with her husband of 24 years and their daughter. Their son is now in the Marines. She enjoys good stories, connecting with friends, and a hearty laugh. On her someday-to-do list, she wants to vacation by the sea and ride in a hot air balloon. Stop by and visit Angela on her website: www.angeladmeyer.com

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, Thank you for having me on your blog! A great idea to share Christmas traditions!

    ReplyDelete