Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Premiere: SMITH


I always like Ray Liotta -- good guy, bad guy, doesn't matter. But what does matter is -- there SHOULD be a good guy! Are we supposed to root for this gang who uses automatic weapons to kill anyone that gets in the way of their robbery? I can't like these characters, can I? Is Bobby sympathetic just because he loves his children? Of course there's a leggy blonde, but hello, she tazed an old high school pal who recognized her during the heist! It's not that I wasn't caught up in the show, it's that I'm disturbed that the bad guys are the "protagonists."
Anyone else care to weigh in on this one?

3 comments:

  1. OK, this brings me back to the new show DEXTER on Showtime. Go to the Showtime website and check this out! A serial killer who's the good guy? I watched the first episode this morning and I liked him! I think it's clever how they've made him the hero. Just check it out before you think me absolutely crazy. lol!
    I can't look at Liotta without thinking about the brain scene from HANNIBAL.
    What's with me and serial killers today? I'm in a good mood...really. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't get into this show.

    Oh, and Mel, I see the scene in Hannibal when I see Ray Liotta too. It is odd for me...every time I see him I think about FIELD OF DREAMS, HANNIBAL, and CORRINA, CORRINA. Interesting combo.

    ReplyDelete