Sunday, August 20, 2006



This one is going to make a good jack-o-lantern, don't you think? Hope it's not ready too early. A couple other big ones are already orange.

I'm exhausted from the weekend and don't feel as though I accomplished anything. Trimmed rosebushes and pulled a few weeds this afternoon. And it's time for a new week! Yikes!

I'm finally making progress on my current story, THE PERFECT WIFE. (working title) I had written an entire scene from the wrong character's point of view, knew something was wrong, but couldn't see it. Once I figured it out and changed it, the whole story opened up and moved forward. I think it's the hero who's being difficult, and I realized something else--belatedly. I almost always have a photo of my hero over my desk, but I don't have a pic of Benjamin.

First task tomorrow a.m.: find Benjamin's picture.
Got any ideas? He's Ellie's younger brother from THE DOCTOR'S WIFE all grown up. He's a veterinarian and he's all about CONTROL. I had described him in that book as having fair hair, but it may have darkened as hair tends to do when males move past adolescence. It wouldn't be dark brown or black by any means.

4 comments:

  1. Check out Freddie Prinze Jr if you can go with dark hair. Our older son Brian was a tow-headed blond until age twelve, now I do a double-take when I see how dark he has gotten & he looks like Freddie, with or without a short, thin beard. Definitely a hottie in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin is nice. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
    Now, that I've seen your picture for Ben I'm through with ideas. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOhhhhh Freddie...love him! *fans self off*

    I miss having a garden, but I don't think I could tend it and a toddler too. She likes to "help", but I have a feeling the garden would suffer under her "help".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl,

    I think number 3. He's got that vet look. Outdoorsy, free, independent.

    Beautiful pic for your heroine. They make a good couple.

    Benjamin should be number 3.

    ReplyDelete