Monday, May 12, 2014

A New Brand of Joy! Ruth Logan Herne

This has got to be one of the easiest blog topics I’ve ever explored.
What is it about writing that brings me joy???
The answer, so easy….

This:

Lisa, Taylor and McKenna Tydings 
This is my friend Lisa, a mother of four who was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer at age 36… Taking that walk with Lisa, caring for her beautiful children, seeing her wage a courageous and valiant battle… 

Cupcake breast cancer "ribbon"... 
Then allowing me to chronicle her struggles in “The Lawman’s Second Chance”…

 
That’s joy. Not joy because Lisa got sick, but amazing joy in sharing her story, her struggle, her victory and the wonderful outpouring of love from her family, her friends, her church, her co-workers. To show how folks come together to help, heal, and hug.

This is our group of daycare moms who helped Lisa's daughter Taylor organize a "Fight Like a Girl" Pink Party... Notice that the only person not wearing pink is Lisa! 
And then there’s this:

 
My beautiful and somewhat stolen granddaughter, Mary Ruth…. She's stolen because she's really my grand-niece BUT I kind of stole her mother from my sister years ago and I think then I get the kid by default. And hey, they NAMED HER AFTER ME... That's gotta hold a little bit of water, right? :)


Mary Ruth was our miracle baby, an in vitro pregnancy that brought us this beautiful, funny, endearing little girl who loves to tell stories, who uses her magic frozen powers to create huge frosty castles and rainbow rooms. I mean, you just can’t beat that, magic kids are not a dime-a-dozen!  J A frozen castle and rainbow rooms? Pshaw. How blessed am I?

And I turned her birth into this beautiful new 4 Star release:


 Just released, "Loving the Lawman" shows the intricacies of choice and the serious ramifications of our decisions, while winding you along the path of second chance love... and TWIN BABIES!!!!  How cute are they????  Seriously, just sitting and looking at this cover gives me joy... it's that stinkin' cute.

I'm a hearth-and-home writer, an author who loves happy endings, a woman who sees the amazing opportunities life offers and believes we all need to push through the tough times and grab hold... both hands!!!... of the joy God provides. 

A baby's smile... an unexpected child.... the first daffodils of spring... a morning sky, an evening star. When we find the joy in the little things of life, we carry it through those big moments of mixed emotion.

Whenever I start a new story, I aim for the "joy" of the morning, an inspired solution that mends old wrongs and offers new hope. I want that reader feeling the rise and fall of pure emotion, and ending that roller coaster ride with joy.

God's love, His blessings, among us!




 Ruth Logan Herne is a "hearth-and-home" writer who loves God, her family, her country, dogs, horses, cats and flowers. She lives in upstate New York where it has been winter for a Very Long Time and she's welcoming spring, big time! She exploits small children and fuzzy pets to sell sweet books, and feels very little guilt about it! You can find her at ruthloganherne.com, hanging with her Seeker buddies in "Seekerville" or cooking with a cast of other fun authors at the Yankee Belle Cafe! 

Ruth is giving away three copies of Loving the Lawman to readers who leave a comment HERE on this blog. Leave a comment and be entered to win!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for Lisa! Thank you for sharing this. While I read this, I'm also watching Michael J. Fox on "The View." I'm beginning to think Joy and Courage are synonymous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, hey!!!! And yes, Yay!!!! for Lisa and Michael and all the folks who face adversity with vigor... and then deal with whatever comes their way. So nice to see you!!!!

      Delete
  2. You exude joy in everything you do, Ruthy!

    My "One Word" this year is Joy. I loved reading your take on it.

    (Don't put my name in the drawing - I already have my copy ☺ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you for grabbing a copy of Loving the Lawman!!!! It's such a delightful stinkin' book!!!! :) Joy is such a good word, and it's an emotion we should just grab and cling to.... Weeping endures for the night, but joy comes in the morning. Maybe that's why I'm a morning person???? :) I'm so glad you stopped by!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the reminder that the best joy can be found in the smallest of things. And yep, that's an adorably cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah! Lizzie, isn't it???? I figured the books would fly off the shelves when I saw it, because oh my stars, those babies???? A-STINKIN'-DORABLE!!!!!!! And the cute couple are the nicest people, I loved that everything worked out for them eventually... But you know what I had such a kick with was writing the characters of the older generations, Carmen Bianchi and her daughters.... Oh I laugh just thinking about those two!!!!

      Delete
  4. I love everything you write Ruth. I also love your posts. I look forward to them everyday. You bring so much joy to so many. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.... Patricia, you're such a sweetheart! Thank you!!!! And you know, that means a lot to me because sharing the fun makes it even more delightful. God bless you right back!

      Delete