Wednesday, December 05, 2007

From *lizzie Starr: Myths and Other Tales

Quotes given for books in the Tales of the Double Keltic Triad series:

“You will believe in Faeries!” Judy Buranich
“...faeries can be sexy.” Belinda Palmer
“...myth, merriment and mayhem all wrapped up in one.” The Romance Studio
“...an epic fantasy with a lot of romance.” Marlene Breakfield
“...a magical, dream-like flavor...” Gina Duvall

Do you know where the Anasazi really went when they disappeared from the American southwest?

Do you think there was really a library at Alexandria that held every book and scroll written?

Might you believe that Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream really happened?

I do!

When I first wrote By Keltic Design I had no idea that I was starting a six book series! It’s rather amazing to think that so much began with a single Celtic tattoo. And now, I’m working on the first book of a possible new series featuring the children of those in the first books.

In these books, and others, I’ve used Myth and Other Tales quite frequently. The main tale that carries through the entire series is Shakespeare’s play. My characters descended from Oberon, Titania, Puck, and even Bottom.

When the library at Alexandria was destroyed, the Fae library was lost, deep within the sands of the Sahara Desert. Now found, the Faerie librarians have discovered a wealth of information and history.And the Anasazi? They passed into a parallel world where they thrive, although they are bound by their own history and traditions.

I’ve always loved mythology, fairy tales and Shakespeare. So it must be a natural progression for me to use some of the basics in my own writing, making a change here, adding a different character there.

Have I been successful in creating these Keltic worlds, and the worlds of my other stories? I think so. Now, it’s up to you as readers to decide.

One more quote and recipe for you. This one is from the first of the Double Keltic Triad books—By Keltic Design. Oh, and this isn’t people food. It’s a doggy treat!
Suddenly, a huge black bundle of fur leapt on Derrik’s lap and his face was covered with warm, wet slurps... “Noid! Down ye beastie.”

The dog sat obediently, but the large head remained only a few inches from Derrik’s nose.

Noid’s Nanna Nummies

2 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup powdered milk
1 egg
1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 beef or chicken bouillon cube
½ cup hot water
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Knead for two minutes on a floured surface.

Roll to ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter—a bone shape is nice—and cut out cookies.

Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.


Where can you order *lizzie's books you ask?
CLICK RIGHT HERE!

*~*romance with a sparkling twist!*~*
www.lizziestarr.com
www.myspace.com/lizziestarrsparkles

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great recipe, *lizzie! Sarah wants to make treats for the dogs for Christmas and I needed a new recipe.

    I love how you incorporated myth into your story! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the party planning going? I'm watching the weather for Saturday with my fingers and toes crossed. I'll throw some paper in the car in case we end up in a ditch - that way we'll at least get some pages done!

    It was a cold and snowy day...

    ReplyDelete