Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Top Ten Favorite Romantic Movies Of All Time

* Hope Floats
* Sommersby
* Return To me
* The Con
* Bounce
* Quigley Down Under
* The Love Letter
* Winter People
* Far & Away
* Phenomenon

10 more I have to list because they're also in my watch-all-the-time bin:
* Mrs. Wintersbourne
* Paradise
* High Road To China
* At First Sight
* Notting Hill
* Indecent Proposal
* The Fulfillment of Mary Gray
* A Star is Born
* While You were Sleeping
* The Substitute Wife

You might think this is strange, but Face Off is another of my favorite movies. It's character driven, and John Travolta's character is a wounded hero. I love it.
Another is The Bone Collector. I watch it all the time.

Now I have to see if we came up with 100. So many of us shared the same favorites, that it will be iffy. I loved seeing your favorite movies!

5 comments:

  1. Me, too, Jennifer. I just watched it a couple of weeks ago. I love middle-aged Tom Selleck as a cowboy. Hubba. And Alan Rickman plays as evil a villain as his Die Hard performance. And I love the way the crazy girl calls Quigley "Roy" until the very end. She's a hoot. Was Just Shoot Me the TV show she was on with David Spade? Don't recall her from much of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...she was on Just Shoot Me. I believe that she was also Julia Roberts's friend in Pretty Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have to say that "The Notebook" is my favorite romantic movie. Of course I cry at the end, but then I look over and see tears in my husband's eyes as well. It is a keeper.

    Oh, I like the last scene of "An Officer and a Gentleman". Sooooo romantic (dreamy sigh). And although I have not seen it in years, I love the last line from "Jerry Maguire". "Love your life, love your wife" kind of the secret of success type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection, Cheryl.

    OH, I got "Miss Congenialty" 1 and 2 for Valentine's Day. I love both and can watch them over and over.

    I want "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" but can't find it anywhere. Time to order...
    Another I can watch over and over.

    ReplyDelete