Thursday, July 01, 2021

Questionably the 60 Most Romantic Movies of All Time

I combined three lists of favorite romantic movies compiled by Town & Country, Glamour and Harper’s Bazaar magazines. I don’t know that I agree that these are the most romantic movies I’ve ever seen (I have many others I’d choose), but I do like a challenge and I'm at a loss for good television this summer (I really enjoyed Sweet Tooth on Netflix though), so adventurously I’ll be watching others' choices and checking movies off my list.

I'm already halfway through Silvie's Love and am really enjoying it. Set in 1962 Detroit, so I love the clothes and the music. I'm finding some of the situations for the time period questionable, however.

Quite a few of these movies I've seen, of course, and I own several on DVD. I'm thinking I'll drag out a DVD payer and hook it up for the summer. Haven't had one out for several years.

I’ve done the work to discover how to view each one (I did not check Hulu) if you want to copy and have a movie-thon with me.

  • When Harry Met Sally $3.99 rent
  • If Beale Street Could Talk $3.99 rent
  • West Side Story $3.99 rent
  • I Am Love $3.99 rent
  • Before Midnight $3.99
  • Our Souls at Night, netflix
  • Silvie’s Love, prime
  • Love Story, prime
  • Say Anything $3.99 rent
  • Amour $3.99 rent
  • Black Orpheus $3.99 rent (subtitled)
  • Silver Linings Playbook $3.99 rent
  • To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, netflix
  • (sequel) To All the Boys: p.s. I Still Love You, netflix
  • (sequel) To All the Boys: Always and Forever, netflix
  • Loving, netlix
  • La La Land $3.99 rent
  • Casablanca $3.99 rent
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind $3.99 rent
  • Notting Hill $3.99 rent
  • The Notebook $3.99 rent
  • The Big Sick, prime
  • The Way We Were $3.99 rent
  • The Umbrellas of Cherbourg $3.99 rent
  • Titanic $3.99 rent
  • A Star is Born Cooper/Gaga $3.99 rent
  • Pretty Woman $3/99 rent
  • Roman Holiday, prime
  • 10 Things I Hate About You $3.99 rent
  • Moulin Rouge $3.99 rent
  • Dirty Dancing $3.99 rent
  • Shakespeare in Love $3.99 rent
  • Love and Basketball $3.99 rent
  • The Photograph buy $9.99 or HBO
  • Ghost $3.99 rent
  • Romeo and Juliet 1996 $3.99 rent
  • Blue Valentine $3.99 rent
  • Always Be My Maybe, netflix
  • About Time, netflix
  • The Fault in Our Stars $3.99 rent
  • Maid in Manhattan $3.99 rent
  • A Walk to Remember 2002 @3.99 rent
  • p.s. I Love You $3.99 rent
  • Coming to America 1988 $3.99 rent
  • You’ve Got Mail $3.99 rent
  • Save the Last Dance $3.99 rent
  • Love Actually, Netflix
  • Pride and Prejudice 2005, $3.99 rent
  • Sense and Sensibility 1995 $3.99 rent
  • Moonstruck $3.99 rent
  • It Happened One Night $3.99 rent
  • Moonrise Kingdom $3.99 rent
  • Princess Bride $3.99 rent
  • To Catch a Thief $3.99 rent
  • Punch Drunk Love $3.99 rent
  • Testament of Youth, prime
  • Away We Go $3.99 rent
  • The Apartment, prime
  • Sliding Doors $2.99 rent
  • Top Five $3.99 rent
Are any of these already on your favorites list?

#netflix, #movies, #romance, #romanticmovies, #primevideo, #Hulu, #watching

2 comments:

  1. I've loved some of these, meh a few others, and haven't seen many of them. One of my own favorites is Shall We Dance?

    ReplyDelete