Monday, August 06, 2012

A Reader's Bookshelf: Patty Underhill

Patty has blogged with me for years. I was excited to see her pics. This is a full-fledged library!

Love your idea of the bookshelf contest. So fun! Please excuse the clutter, we’ve been in the midst of a few renovations and rearranging things and unfortunately, my little library has become a bit of a catch-all. Can’t wait to get all of the excess stuff out so I can enjoy it again.


My claim to reading fame is that I read Gone With the Wind, in a day and a half when I was a teenager. My high school librarian didn’t believe I’d actually read the whole thing until she started asking me questions about the book, and I answered each one correctly, and quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous! I spent five days on GWTW, the first time I'd ever done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really wonderful! Someday I want ceiling to floor shelves...full of wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I've died and gone to heaven!! This is my dream bookcase. I've always loved to read, so with all my books I could probably fill one section, or maybe I could stretch it fill one and half sections of you bookcase. I read Gone With the Wind, close to 40 yrs ago, so I can't remember how long it took me. I do remember going to Hallmark Card and Book Store and ordering the hard copy of it. I still have it of course, one of my favorite books.
    Donna Harris

    ReplyDelete