Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Jina Bacarr


"My mother passed away a few days before Christmas several years ago. I didn’t have the heart to trim a tree that year. Then I remembered her piano and how important it was to her. Why not decorate the piano instead of a tree? I thought. After all, a piano is made out of wood and that wood was once a tree, so why not a Christmas Piano Tree?

"I decorated that same old, wonderful studio upright with Christmas ornaments that year and have been doing so every Christmas since then as a tribute to my mother.

"I also wrote a one-act play, "The Christmas Piano Tree," based on my tradition about a lonely widow lady who’s forgotten the true meaning of Christmas until a girl with pink hair, a dead cell phone and a big problem helps her re-discover the magic of the holiday season. It was produced at the Malibu Stage Company Theatre in Malibu, CA.

"Here is the link to the video I made with stills of my play, "The Christmas Piano Tree' with my voiceover: http://vimeo.com/2625351 "


The Blonde Samurai
Spring 1873

I arrived in Japan a virgin bride,
Heartsick and anxious beyond measure.
Yet I embraced this perplexing world
With my soul laid bare after uncovering
An erotic, intoxicating power I hardly knew
That I, Katie O'Roarke, possessed.


Japan was a world away from my tedious Western existence, a welcome distraction from my recent marriage to a cold and cruel husband. But when James attacked me in a drunken rage, I could tolerate it no longer… I had no choice but to escape into the surrounding hills. I awoke in the arms of Akira, a young Samurai, and it was he
who took me to Shintaro, the head of the powerful Samurai clan.

At first distrustful, Shintaro came to me every day for a fortnight until my need for him made my heart race at the every sound of his feet upon the wooden floor. He taught me the way of the Samurai--loyalty, honor, self-respect--and the erotic possibilities of inner beauty unleashed.

It is his touch that shatters my virginal reserve, evoking danger and physical pleasures that linger beyond our fervent encounters. But James means to find me, to make me pay for his humiliation. I can no longer hide amongst the orange blossoms as rebellions rage, and as my own secret continues to grow…


ORDER FROM AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment