Monday, August 18, 2008

Bad Poetry Day


August 18th is Bad Poetry Day, a holiday created by the people at Wellcat.com. I think they're trying to invent a holiday for every day that doesn't have a real one.

Anyway, it sounds like a good reason to celebrate. How shall we celebrate? Why with bad poems of course.



I wish I had a dollar for every word that I've writ
For I'd be going shopping to buy a new outfit
I'd buy some shoes that were sparkly and fun
I might eat Chinese, and I'd call you, hon!

We'd chat a bit; I'd pay someone to mow.
We could get massages and take in a show.
Maybe even another with popcorn and Sprite.
I'd have to get home before too late at night.

My husband would wonder just where did I get?
He'd most likely look all around in a snit
He know I'd gone shopping, for sure he could tell;
I know so many places with good things to sell.




So there's my bad poem. Come on, give it a shot!

And scroll down to see my garden photos.

2 comments:

  1. can't write a bad poem,
    you know that it's true
    But I'll keep on tryin'
    just 'cuz it's for you.
    I'm workin' at workin'
    so feel a bit blue,
    gotta find some clean clothes
    and wear my new shoe.
    but the kids'll be happy
    in just a day or two,
    when nachos will feed them
    they'll all shout--woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, *lizzie -- you made me laugh and cry at the same time! That's a wonderful "bad" poem!

    woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete