Sunday, January 21, 2007

WHY YOU NEED CHOCOLATE EVERY DAY


We're having a snow day in my city, but instead of talking about snow, I'm going to blog about chocolate. My favorite food group.



Ounce for ounce dark chocolate contains more of the potent antioxidants called flavonols than any fruit or vegetable out there. SHOPPING TIP: The darker the chocolate, the greater boost to your health. A daily ounce of chocolate that contains at least 60% cocoa provides all the flavonols you need.

WHAT FLAVONOLS DO:
* Improve the ability of blood vessels to expand and contract > Better blood flow in your brain, hands and legs.

* Help the body use nitric oxide which regulates blood pressure > Lower blood pressure.

* Like aspirin, decreases stickiness of blood platelets > Reduced risk of blood clots anbd stroke.

* Increase HDL (good) cholesterol > Less risk of a heart attack.


FUN FACT: Each adult American eats an average of TWELVE POUNDS of chocolate per year.
(They haven't polled me or that average would have been higher!)

5 comments:

  1. I guess I am going to have to learn to like Chocolate, strange right all people like it but it is something that I have never liked. I think I will have to keep trying it and then watch out I will be taking all the chocolate. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so wish I had that problem....not liking chocolate is like not needing air for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading about chocolate I just have to go to buy some again. But I'm not looking forward to walking 2 kilometers to the shop when it's -20C outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew eating all that chocolate would pay off. LMAO! I hear ya about the polling, Cheryl.
    Brenda, my roomy doesn't like a lot of chocolate and he doesn't scarf it down like I do. :-)~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew there was a good reason why I love chocolate so much! lol

    ReplyDelete