Wednesday, January 17, 2007

the first review for The Lawman's Bride

onceuponaromance.net reviewer Connie Payne had this to say about The Lawman's Bride:

"The Lawman’s Bride isn’t the normal sweet and tender romance we usually expect from Ms. St.John. Yes, it’s poignant and has its sweet moments, but Ms. St.John explored a plot that may have left the reader unaffected and disconnected from Sophie had another written it. Yet she’s gained the reader’s trust, which allows her the freedom to explore.

This is not a cut and dried yes I loved it type of book. This is one where you’re left pondering; wondering about Sophie and the story even after the book is finished.

Ms. St.John once again shows us that her writing has multi-facets. It’s fresh, thought provoking, and ultimately good conquers evil. I expect nothing less from her."

Rating 4.75

Thank you, Connie! I'll be seeing you in a few weeks.
(This is Connie from Dog-eared Books in Independence)

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my own copy and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it, what is the date for it to come out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should be out the first of February, Brenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Cheryl! Brenda I got my early copy from eharlequin.com here is a link http://tinyurl.com/38y4r5

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katrina thanks for the information I will have to put my order in.
    Cheryl congrats on the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Na Na Na Na Na! I have LAWMAN'S BRIDE and can't wait to get started on it. I'm reviewing several books for my MySpace blog now, Cheryl, but after that it's on!
    Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. meljprincess I hope you enjoy it you will have to tell us about it since we are still waiting for our copy. Teasing us I see how you are. LOL

    ReplyDelete