From a past survey:
* average age of Harlequin/Silhouette readers: 41.1, compared
to the median age of the total population of U.S. women, 40.
* current household income of readers: $36,000 (U.S),
compared to the U.S. average of #32,264.
* 60% of current readers are employed outside of home.
* readers’ favorite magazines: Good Housekeeping, Reader’s
Digest, People, Woman’s Day and Redbook.
* readers enjoy a variety of music: Country & western is by far
the most popular choice, followed by Golden Oldies, Easy
Listening/Classical, Rock and Jazz.
* readers love crafts: painting, cross-stitching, sewing,
crocheting and knitting were the top choices.