Monday, January 17, 2022

Discover #HeartReads: Rain Shadow

This wasn't the first book I wrote, but it was the first book I sold to Harlequin Historicals. I have a special place in my heart for these Dutch Country Bride stories. Rain Shadow follows Land of Dreams chronologically, though they sold the other way around.

I still remember the absolute thrill of getting the call from my agent that we had an offer on this book. I was working in the counting room behind the customer service desk at a large grocery store when the call came. The first person I told was my friend and beginning writer, Barbara Gwen, who was working in the computer room beside me. We did a happy dance around the offices, and then I called everyone I knew.


'She was reminded of the calm before a storm, those minutes of heavy, oppressive stillness before wind gusted and rain poured from the skies in torrents. A volatile undercurrent passed between them.'


"You won't want to miss this amazing story!" - amazon reviewer


ORDER OR LEAVE A REVIEW ON AMAZON

If you want to read and review this book, send me an email and arrange to have a copy sent to your Kindle. cheryl@cherylstjohn.com




This is a pic of the original cover, sent to me by a reader. I love my readers. They're the best!





A foreign translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment