Monday, March 16, 2009

a little change - FYI


Dear Blogger Buddies,

I held out until the very end to not have captcha -those irritating letter and number verifications- for you to jump through in order to post your comments here, but after three horrific spam hits, I've enabled word verification.

Maybe you don't hate them as much as I do, I hope not anyway. I couldn't hold out any longer. Thank you for being my blog friends, and thank you for leaving me comments. Guess what? My biggest hits come when I post about American Idol - googlers must surf in and read my comments.

SMOOCHES!

6 comments:

  1. I had to start word verification when my posts on erotica and erotic romance titles started getting spammed. It's a pain in the butt - but better than having to go back through old posts and delete the spam bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, I had to start doing the captcha thing on mine too, when I got spammed. I suppose some day we may have to moderate comments, too. I hope not.

    Happy to be here with you, Blogger Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to show my computer stupidity here, but how do these extra letter thingy's stop the spam? Just curious and I don't blame you a bit for taking this step Cheryl. I saw that strange comment on your Idol blog and wondered about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Wendy and Magdalena!

    Betsy, the letter verification proves that you're a real person posting. Spam is sent automatically and therefore can't fulfill the verification - not a real person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll still comment...even if I have to type a word or word facsimillie. :-)

    You know you can't keep this big mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep blogging too Cheryl. Thanks for explaining for me. I'm so not into computer technology. And here I am with a programmer/systems analyst for a son.

    ReplyDelete