Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Question

If you could sit down for lunch with any author, dead or alive, who would it be and what would you discuss? Here's my pick. Surprised?

Examiner.com has listed him as the third richest author in the world, earning a respectable 45 million between June 2007 and June 2008.
#1 is JK Rowling with 300 million, #2 James Patterson barely ahead with 50 million number four is Tom Clancy making 35 million and Danielle Steele fifth at 30 million.

Honorable mentions for the filthy rich authors went to Nicholas Sparks, Janet Evanovich, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, and Ken Follet.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...very interesting question. I have read some books by most of the authors listed above and enjoyed them, but I think it would be too hard to narrow it down for me. I would obviously pick Cheryl St.John, that's a given. I would also love to sit down with Jude Deveraux and Dean Koontz and, it is really too bad that the literary world lost dear Miss. V.C. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,

    Well, you know lunching with you is always one of my favorite things, but if not you, I'd pick Joss Whedon. Okay, so he doesn't write novels, but he does write killer movies and tv series, and I've even been reading his comics. Love his feel for characterization.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am living the dream! First, I get to talk to Cheryl. Yeah. Second, I got to chat with Jillian Hunter at RWA.

    ReplyDelete