Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Heartland Writers Group


Today was Open House at a local bookstore called The Bookworm. Several of my RWA chapter's published members came to represent HWG by meeting and greeting readers. We were supported by fellow chapter members, Mary, Julie and Sherri as well.

Heartland Writers Group Published Authors left to right
front row: Pam Crooks, Cheryl St. John and Connie Crow;
back row: Julie Carda, Victoria Alexander, and Kim Louise.

Thank you Mary DeSive for the great picture!

6 comments:

  1. I so so wish I could have been there. Does look like fun and I would have loved meeting those of you I have not already met. Had to work so will have to wait on another opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad that I had to miss it to because of work. I would love to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you guys had a good time. I liked the group from York :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I missed the AM signings (got to earn $ moola $ to buy those books! LOL), I met Connie night before at Omaha NightWriters presentation by local lawyers on copyright protection at Borders, WON (of course!) a calligraphy set at the book club gathering tonight at The Bookworm from Penguin publishers, nabbed bookbags, pen, bookmarks, buttons, several galley proofs and books, PLUS a list of 2 DZ books, many that resonate with me so MORE for my wish list.
    THANKS Cheryl for the invite; wish you could have been there last night! Heard you met my good friend and local author Cyndy Salzmann this AM. She's a great speaker, too; going to hear her Oct 4-5 at a retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Cyndi, Lou! I've already asked her to guest blog here and do a program for HWG! She's a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have been there too! Cheryl, how can I get you to come to RI? Please don't say $ 'cause I don't have any. Hee.

    ReplyDelete