Sunday, December 04, 2016

Great Christmas Tree Tour 2016: Tina Gayle




As many people know, I’m not big on spending a lot of time and money on decorations for the holiday. It’s not that I don’t have all the trimmings, but I don’t want the stress that comes with having to get everything ready. Not counting the time it takes to take it all down. So this year, I decided to try something new.

I saw a video on the internet on how to make a quick little tree using a tomato stake frame. It seemed easy to do.  So I thought, why not give this a try?
(insert picture 1)

To make it extra fun, I was planning to make a video. So getting everything ready, I set out to create a masterpiece. I had my pot, wire frame, green garland, and ornaments ready to go. This I might add meant, I had to get the boxes out of storage. Which is one reason for my dislike of process, but yeah, this was going to be fun.
    
Dressing up and putting on makeup, I worked on becoming photo worthy. Then, I talked my husband into holding my phone and be my cameraman. Easy right?

Wrong, he decided we needed his tripod. After taking another ten minutes to set it up and devise a way for it to hold the phone, I stepped in front of the camera.

Finally, I was cooking. I attached the wire frame to my pot and started wrapping the garland around the base. After the first wrap around, I knew I was in trouble. To say it look awful is an understatement. Charlie Brown’s tree looked better than mine.

Still, I was determined to make this work, but when my phone quit recording. I decided I needed to change things up. The garland wasn’t working, I need thicker garland. So while my husband deleted the evidence of my debacle. I ran to the store.

Thirty minutes later, I arrived home with what I hoped would be the perfect solution. 
My cameraman, aka my husband, didn’t think doing a video was a good idea and convinced me to just see what I could create before taking any pictures.

Again, I tried to do the tree the way the lady in the internet video had done it.

But alas, it still looked awful.

I decided to try a different method and managed to create a tree that might compete with Charlie Brown’s.  Proudly, I allowed my husband to take my picture. 

Ecstatic with success, I gathered up all the items that I hadn’t used for the tree and returned them to their boxes. 

Now, you would think that I would end the story here. Most people would, but I have to share my reason for not going all out for the holidays. Around ten minutes after I had everything arranged, I heard a crash.

This is what I saw.

After cleaning up the mess, I have decided to go back to my original plan for the holidays—Stockings and a pine cone hung by the fireplace. (This takes no time or effort and I enjoy it without any stress.)






Happy holidays, everyone.



Also seeing as I don’t have a historical western to share, I thought I’d send this book along from a friend, Anita Philmar. This book has two short stories for only 99 cents.



About McKee’s Ghost
His fiancĂ©e called off their engagement after be accosted by a ghost in his house. Now, a beautiful ghost detective has shown up at his ranch, saying his brother has hired her to take care of the unwanted spirit.

Konnor McKee is more than happy with PSI Agent Ruth Oliva Wilson. One look and he was hooked. Now, if he can only get some help from a ghost, he might be able to secure himself a bride after all.

With the return of his ex-fiancee, his life is turn upside down by an angry ghost, a vindictive woman and a sexy medium. Konnor doesn’t know which way to turn. Can he get everyone out of this alive and marry the PSI Agent? Or has he lost all hope of a happy future because of the ruthless ghost of one of his ancestors?   


Buy Links
ORDER FROM AMAZON


Excerpt
Taking his anger with himself out on the young man, Konnor grabbed the glass. “And when exactly did you see Miss Wilson?”

Henry shuffled backward. “I saw her around the corner of the house when I was heading home. But then, I couldn’t leave.”

“Why not?” 
“Well, I figured you might want me to be close by. Maybe act as a chaperone or something, so she doesn’t hogtie you into marrying her.”

Konnor set the full glass of water on the kitchen table next to a bowl of apples. “I’m not a young buck like you. I can have a woman visit without taking advantage of the situation. Now, skedaddle.”

“Are you sure? Because I don’t mind staying a while longer if you need me to.” Henry edged along the counter to the back door and pointed to the table. “I also cut up some meat and set out the biscuits you made this morning.” 

“Thanks. Now get. I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow.” Konnor waved the boy out of the house and surveyed the food. With the table set with plates and silver, they wouldn’t have to wait to eat.

Nevertheless, what would Ruth think? Would she be happy with a cold meal? Or should he heat something else up?

McKee’s Ghost is also part of the box set The Good, The Bad and the Ghostly which has a Sample Book that you can download with these links. They have excerpts and recipes to enjoy.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday,
Tina Gayle
www.tinagayle.net
http://www.tinagayle.blogspot.com
New Release: My Best Friend's Ex

http://amzn.to/1C2ZTV6


7 comments:

  1. Lol. I know this is what would happen to me if I tried it, and it does look SO easy, doesn't it? Your fireplace looks lovely, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, that how the internet gets you to try these things they convince you it's easy...right. Have a wonderful holiday season.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, that's funny! I wondered how easy that tomato stake tree would be and now I know. It always look easy online, doesn't it? I like the idea of your gold pinecone. It makes the mantle look very festive! Personally, I'm going to end up with a tabletop tree eventually. Those ornaments are so much work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina is a stitch, isn't she? She cracked me up with this post.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cheryl, I didn't mean to be such a card, but I do have the 3stooges gene that pops up occasionally. Thanks for having me on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Stockings and pinecone decorations are lovely! The tree, not so much LOL. Mckee's Ghost by Anita Philmer sounded so intriguing that I just bought it. Going to read it as soon as I get caught up. Looked for the boxed set The good the bad and the ghostly but couldn't find it for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Good, the Bad and The Ghost is back up from what I understand. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete