Friday, December 02, 2016

Great Christmas Tree Tour 2016: Kathryn Albright


Thanks for having me on your Christmas Tree blog this year, Cheryl!

Every year, my family and I have the discussion…will we decorate the tree with only white lights and one color of ornaments so that it looks artistic to the eye? Or will we use the ornaments that have come to mean something to us over the years? Ornaments such as my grandson’s hand print on the glass ball from when he was a baby or the Popsicle stick triangle my son made in kindergarten that is falling apart. Those are the ones that bring memories back in such a welling rush of emotion that I tear up with joy and gratitude for my family and the life I’ve been given every time I hang them on our tree.

Well…I’m sure you know which decorating plan wins out. EVERY YEAR. Plus, we always go with multicolored lights. And so, the tree is a work of love and memories. 

My favorite ornament is one that my mother painted a scene on. She gave it to me on my first Christmas away from home as a married woman.  Another favorite is a crocheted angel that, Sandy, a co-worker, made for me when I was a young nurse. It is not flashy or sparkly, but it has topped the tree every year since and I love it for the memories it brings.

A Christmas tradition we have as a family is to always watch the DVD of The Nativity. If you have never listened to the musical score to the movie, it is also quite wonderful. 

Cheryl ~ I wish you and your wonderful family along with your readers here, a very blessed and merry Christmas! 




My newest book is Christmas Kiss from the Sheriff. This is the last book in my Heroes of San Diego Series. 

About Christmas Kiss From the Sheriff
Gemma Starling travels two thousand miles from her former life to flee from a crime she committed. As the new schoolteacher in Clear Springs, she tries to blend in, but the new sheriff in town is not so easily deceived. Gemma’s attempts to avoid Craig Parker only intrigue him more. When her life is threatened, he realizes that his personal feelings for her have far surpassed his professional responsibilities for the case. He can’t lose her…yet does he even know who she truly is?



About A Christmas to Remember
Clear Springs’ new schoolteacher, Gemma Starling, feels as if she’s been given a fresh start. So long as no one discovers her dark secret—she once shot a man in self-defense! 
Sheriff Craig Parker has forsworn love, but delightful Miss Starling intrigues him. And when events at the school turn dangerous, Craig won’t let her face it alone. Gemma might just be the one woman he could ever love, but will the secret she’s hiding tear them apart or bring them together by Christmas?


About Kathryn Albright 
Kathryn Albright writes sweet western historical romance. Her stories celebrate courage and hope with a dash of adventure. Kathryn’s stories have been finalists in the distinguished RWA Golden Heart® and the HOLT Medallion as well as several other industry contests.

She enjoys hiking and road trips with her husband (when he drives) and being caught up in a good story. She lives with her family in the rural Midwest.









6 comments:

  1. You have beautiful decorations. We hang stockings very similar to yours. Your favorite ornaments are especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheryl! They all have stories of their own and meaning to me. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  2. I love the ornament your mother painted. What a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! My mother (and my grandmother on her side) are quite artistic. She has painted several things over the years and given them to me. I cherish them.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for participating in the Tree Tour this year, Kathryn. I enjoyed your blog and photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people are so crafty and talented! Alas, I'm not so artsy gifted. I'm curious about the name Gemma and how to pronounce it. I actually know a little girl with this name and she pronounces it with an H like Hemma. To you, is it like that or more like a J sound? I love those sheriff stories!

    ReplyDelete