Monday, December 03, 2012

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Pam Crooks

I can hardly believe Cheryl’s Christmas Tree Tour is in its fifth year already!  Back in 2008, the first year of her tour, I posted my new tree from my new sunroom.  This year, the tree I’m showing is old.  Really old.

Maybe I shouldn’t admit that.


But I still love it as if I just bought it today.  We were living in western Nebraska at the time, and I paid half-price after Christmas.   That must’ve been at least 30 years ago.  I was completely smitten with how full it was and the gentle drape of the branches.  I’ve never seen another one like it.  And I still love the flocking.
Is flocking old-fashioned?
Oh, well.

This tree fits in a huge box that takes up at least 2/3 of precious storage space underneath our first level.  Every year when we drag that box out, my husband curses.  Every year he tells me we’re getting rid of it and going to buy a smaller one.   And every year, I sigh at how pretty it is with the beads and bows, sparkling lights, and oh, how the memories come flooding back.

Thank goodness we have a bay window to help hold its girth, though, otherwise my husband would have won the fight long ago.

Just for fun, I’ll show you the row of stockings for my family.  We outgrew the fireplace mantle long ago, and now that we have another grandbaby on the way, I’m trying to figure out how to add one more stocking to the bannister next year.


A few of my Barbie ornaments.  They always make me feel like I’m seven again.






I’m giving away 5 copies of HER MOTHER’S KILLER at Goodreads.   Drawing is December 10th.  
Just enter here.  It’s easy!



Goodreads Book Giveaway

Her Mother's Killer by Pam Crooks

Her Mother's Killer

by Pam Crooks

Giveaway ends December 10, 2012.
See the giveaway details at Goodreads.
Enter to win

Merry Christmas, everyone! 

*****************************************************************************

With only hours to go before she signs a crucial deal to secure prime wilderness for the state of Tennessee, Adrienne Morelli must return to the mountain where her mother was murdered.  But powerful men oppose the deal, and the killer has never been found.  Worse, ominous messages threaten her life, and she's forced under 24-hour protection, thanks to her father who hires the best bodyguard Silverhawk Investigative Services has on the payroll.

The last woman Mick Corrigan wants to protect is Adrienne Morelli.  She's made it clear she can take care of herself--and doesn't want him in her life.  Not after the night he'd broken his Number One Rule:  Never get involved with a client.  Now his job is to keep her safe and out of his heart.  Soon, both seem impossible as together they flee into the wilderness to escape an unseen enemy, her mother's killer....




****************************************************************************
Having grown up in the ranch country of western Nebraska, it was a natural evolution for Pam to write about the Old West.  She published fourteen historical western romances (four with Dorchester Publishing and ten with Harlequin Historicals) before writing Her Mother's Killer.  She's a long-time member of Romance Writers of America, PASIC and HWG, her local chapter, having served in almost every capacity for her chapter-mates.  She's one of the founding fillies of Petticoats and Pistols, a popular blogsite for western romance. 

Pam is married to her high school sweetheart, Doug, and they have four daughters.  She's looking forward to an early retirement when she can spend her days with her children and grandchildren and doing what she's most passionate about: writing books.



www.pamcrooks.com
www.facebook.com/pamcrooks
Twitter @pamcrooks


11 comments:

  1. That tree is gorgeous! And so are the stockings. Congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Pam! Oh, I love the Barbie ornaments. My favorite Christmas gift as a kid was receiving an original Barbie. (Yes, I'm that old LOL). Three years ago, my son's family gave me the 50th Anniversary replica Barbie, and I just bawled. She is so beautiful! I sit and play with her sometimes, just like when I was little.

    I love the display of all your family stockings. What a wonderful group you are. Love and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading and viewing the treasures of Christmas that others enjoy. Stories of husbands are great too, lol. Flocking is heirloom not old-fashioned. ;)The stockings are so pretty. You may have to go up the wall with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Liz. Really, the photo doesn't do it justice, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya, another Barbie lover! Yes, she endures, doesn't she? Do you have a special display for your collection? A great blog idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, you're right - the wall is the only option, I'm afraid. Unless I squeeze, squeeze the new one(s) in!

    Thank you for stopping by, and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I swear this is the last year for my tree that is just too big, too (of course, I say that every year!). Love yours and all the stockings. I can't wait to read your new contemporary - how fun that you're branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice of you to take time to post, Alison, when you've got so much on your plate right now. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pam,

    I love how you hang your stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love your stockings! And how to add another one? Hummm...smile... We had an artificial flock tree once and we just loved it!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete