Sunday, December 16, 2012

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Maggie Brendan



Thanks for having me our your Christmas Tree tour! I love Christmas and decorating and spend more time than I should on it, however, I have a little more time this month to do so since I finished my final book for The Blue Willow Brides series, Perfectly Matched. I grew up the youngest in a large family of eight, and most of our Christmas trees were cut pine trees from the land behind our house rental decorated with the big colored bulbs and not much else other than icicles. (I still use icicles on my den tree). We couldn’t afford much so I think that’s why I love decorating the Christmas tree so much now. I have 5—but not all big trees. The largest is in our den, the tiniest is in my craft/bedroom.




Every year I try to add a new ornament to the den tree and my Victorian tree in the living room. I have a small cowboy tree that I just moved from my office to the breakfast area for added cheer while we are dining. The den tree has many ornaments that the kids and I painted when they were in middle school and some ornaments from a few places that we traveled too. I love having the bright star on top of my big tree to remind me of the Star of Bethlehem that stood over the lowly manger of the Christ child. I have two very special ornaments on my Victorian tree that my sister gave to me. They have hand painted winter scenes and play Christmas carols when they are opened. They are so exquisite. 

My children are grown and I have 4 grandchildren so we aren’t always able to be together Christmas morning. My son lives about 40 min. from me but my daughter lives 3 hrs. away but at some point we exchange gifts. I enjoy watching the grandchildren open their presents and see Christmas through their eyes. Every year, I’m more and more grateful and blessed to have such a beautiful, precious family. That’s a real Christmas gift!

Merry Christmas everyone!


My book Twice Promised released this October.

Two beautiful brides. One unsuspecting groom. Three weeks to figure it all out.

Greta Olsen arrives in Central City, Colorado, as a mail-order bride, expecting to marry Jess Gifford, the man she’s come to know through his tender letters. But when the dust clears, she meets Cora Johnson and discovers she’s not the only bride waiting at the train station for Jess.

Already shocked to find they must compete for Jess’s affection, the young women can hardly believe it when not Jess but his brother Zach picks them up from the station—and reveals that Jess knows nothing about any mail-order bride, let alone two. Will either bride make the match she hopes for?

Filled with surprises, misunderstandings, and tender romance, Twice Promised is the story of how two unlikely women become twice blessed.

Maggie Brendan "Romancing the West"

CBA Bestseller and 2012 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist 2012 Heart of Excellence Finalist www.MaggieBrendan.com www.SouthernBelleWriter.com www.BustlesAndSpurs.comResident Blogger CBA Bestseller and 2012 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist       
2012 Heart of Excellence Finalist
www.BustlesAndSpurs.comResident Blogger

10 comments:

  1. Your trees are beautiful! I may never have the nerve to show up at this blog again, Cheryl. :-) I love the premise of the book, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd better show up again. :-) I'd miss you terribly. And your trees are every bit as lovely.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Liz. I guess Cheryl had trouble loading my red and white tree that was in the bedroom. Bummer. It's really pretty. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is all I can say your trees are beautiful I love them and your rooms look so lovely. I love the doll sitting there in front of the one and the wonderful star on top of the other one. The little one is very cute and cheerful also.
    Your books sounds very interesting will put on my list is it getting pretty big santa better come quick.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie,

    Your trees are lovely. I have four trees up but one is a Charlie Brown replica tree.

    Your western tree is my favorite.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trees are gorgeous! I love that you have several of them to decorate your home. Merry Christmas!

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful trees! I would love a big real Christmas tree but the appartment is too small so we have a small one up but it's pretty too.
    Merry Christmas!
    Penney

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for being my guest, Maggie! Your trees are so lovely.

    I did have one of your photos that wouldn't upload straight up no matter what I did to it. I never did figure out the sideways problem. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to all that took time to post! I totally forgot to mention that I'd be happy to giveaway a signed copy of my book, Twice Promised, Cheryl. I was concentrating on getting those pics turned correctly. <>. Thanks for having me on your blog. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Maggie! Will put the names in Santa's hat and draw a winner for you.

    ReplyDelete