Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Glynna Kaye

The creativity and ingenuity of my friends and fellow writers never ceases to amaze me.
Wait until you see this unique Christmas tree!

CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
"I do a "theme tree" in my home office every year.  THIS year's tree features keychains that I've been collecting on my travels--for 20 years--everywhere from California's Disneyland to London to a Diamondbacks game in Phoenix!  (Friends are now sending me keychains from THEIR travels, too!)  Storing my "ornaments" takes very little space, and keychains make an inexpensive and packable vacation souvenir for a festive, memory-invoking Christmas tree!"  
 
Never  Trust a Cowboy.  That's what Kara Dixon's mother always warned her. Back home in Canyon Springs, Arizona, to care for her ailing mom, Kara comes face-to-face with rodeo cowboy Trey Kenton. Her former flame--and one-time bad boy--is finally ready to settle down and start a family, and he's got his heart set on Kara. But she's determined to head back to her big-city life in Chicago once her mother's on the mend. Can the charming cowboy convince her to trust him and give their love a second chance?

17 comments:

  1. Cheryl and Glynna, how FUN!!! Never heard of a keychain Christmas tree, but what a GREAT idea and SOOO pretty, you clever girls!!

    Here's hoping your next keychain will be from a healthy, happy and holy holiday season!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie -- It's been fun through the years to pick up key chains on vacation. Some places you really have to hunt to find any at all, and other places you must pick and choose your favorites or you'd load down the tree with ONE vacation! Now friends are also contributing to my collection, so I've added ones from Ireland, Costa Rica, Italy, Switzerland!

    Glynna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I wish I had kept all the keychains I have collected over the years. We try to get ornaments each year of our travels but can't always find them. This is an idea worth borrowing!

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an original idea, Glynna! What a way to bring back memories of wonderful trips with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen anything like that! I bet it brings back many happy memories xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone else noticed these GORGEOUS covers (right column) on Cheryl St. John's books? WOW!

    Glynna

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's excactly why I started collecting key chains for ornaments, Julie. Places like Monticello might have "official" ones, but many places didn't and I wanted something affordable to keep and enjoy.

    Glynna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. And such a great way to display a collection.

    I've gotta get that tree up. Get on with it, Mary!!!

    (trying to do a pep talk on myself)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I didn't get that comment set up right to include my name. I'm not anonymous.

    Mary Connealy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea, Glynna!! Cheryl, thanks for sharing the photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is one of my favorites so far. It's so much fun to see how others decorate their trees. I'm joyfully impressed.

    I love my covers, too, Glynna. I have been tinkering with the idea of a phone skin or a Kindle skin made out of one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glynna,

    Cool tree. And GREAT idea.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glynna this is great. And I love the peek into your home. The tree is just my size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glynna, How ingenious. I love the tree and the use of your souvenirs. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glynna, love the tree! Our tree is still thinking about making an appearance. Your photo are definitely nudging me toward decorating.

    Enjoy your Christmas and all the SNOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is THE most creative Christmas tree that I have ever seen! Love it, Glynna!

    Great blog, Cheryl

    Cheryl-the Wyatt one :-)

    ReplyDelete