Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ANNOUNCING Cheryl St.John's Annual Great Christmas Tree Tour 2010

I'm gearing up for my annual Christmas blog event and I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas tree! I just love seeing how others decorate and hearing about their family customs, and plenty of you enjoy it too, because it's my biggest traffic event all year.


Here's how to participate and see your Christmas tree on the web:


Take a photo of your tree as soon as it's up.
or: Take a photo of a tree you particularly enjoy, for example at a museum, a lobby or mall.
Send me the photo as an attachment.
Include anything you'd like to share: a family tradition, something about the ornaments.

If you're an author, send me a cover and a brief blurb about your current book, so readers can learn more about it and you.

I will start posting trees on December 1st.


I'll let you know which day your photo will be posted, so you can send friends and family over.
Here's my addy: Saintjohn@aol.com




And to get us started, I will be posting photographs of the beautiful trees from the General Crook House at Fort Crook in Omaha, where I recently visited with the local ACFW members. The historic home was beautifully decorated for the holidays.




This tree was in one of the main rooms in the front of the house. It's decorated with small birds and pheasant feathers. Bird feathers were a reoccurring item in the house, since General Crook was a hunter.

Here are members of the ACFW Central Group gathered for the day's outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment