Sunday, October 26, 2008

56-year-old Gives Birth to Her Grandbabies

I guess that's one way to get those grandkids you've always wanted!

CLEVELAND (Oct. 24) - Not only has a 56-year-old Ohio woman given birth to triplets, but they're her own granddaughters. Jaci Dalenberg, of Wooster, carried the babies as a surrogate for her daughter, Kim Coseno.

The two identical twins and their sister were born by Caesarean section Oct. 11 at the Cleveland Clinic's Hillcrest Hospital in Mayfield Heights and are still in the hospital's care. They were more than two months premature and each weighed less than three pounds.

A Cleveland Clinic news release says infants and grandmother are all doing well.
According to a Clinic spokesman, Dalenberg offered herself as a surrogate when Kim Coseno and her husband, Joe, were waiting to adopt. The couple used in vitro fertilization, and embryos were implanted in Dalenberg's uterus.

I searched like crazy to find a picture for you, and better yet! I found their family blog! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE BABIES AND HAPPY PARENTS!

Sources: The Associated Press and AOL News

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is really neat. I especially liked the photo of the baby with Grandma. I was a preemie myself. I was born three months early and weighed 1 lb. 8oz. at birth. It is fascinating to see what I may have looked like at that age.

    ReplyDelete