Wednesday, July 26, 2006

every bloomin' thing



Remember my favorite lily? These blooms opened yesterday. There's a tad of shade for them beneath a fledgling tree, so I think that has helped the plant survive the summer heat. Most everything is past it's summer prime because of the intense sun and minimal rain, and my garden isn't the only one that looks this way. I could make my own calendar, couldn't I?

I am guest blogging at a writer's blog this week. Drop by to ask questions about writing or just to say hi.
http://www.vrpublishing.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the color of those lilies. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you guys wanna come to my house and landscape it for me? My mother-in-law has no landscaping design "eye" and I'm trying to undo what she messed up!

    You guys did an awesome job! What's the name of that lily hybrid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I'm going to have to plant some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Nickol, I have no idea what's that's called. That was one of several gallon containers I bought last fall at a home center when they clearanced at the end of season. I'm a bargain shopper even when it comes to gardening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so tired of living in apts. I'd love to have a house where I could plant beautiful flowers. I was watching Steven King's NIGHTMARES AND DREAMSCAPES last night and this woman said "The secret to a happy life is to surround yourself with flowers." Or something to that effect. I smiled when she said it.

    ReplyDelete