Thursday, December 01, 2016

Great Christmas Tree Tour 2016: Karen Kirst




My husband and I have the same friendly “discussion” every year. When is the right time to decorate for Christmas? I’m a firm believer in being able to enjoy the twinkly lights, bright ribbons and ornaments for the entire season. 

Growing up in Czech, my husband’s family tradition was to wait until the morning of December 24th. Can you imagine? Over the years, he’s accepted a new way of doing things…instead of shopping on Black Friday, our family decorates.

This year we’re celebrating Christmas in a new house. Decorating has been a fun challenge, to be sure. What works in one house doesn’t necessarily work in another one. Plus, it’s my first time having stairs. Thankfully, my husband volunteered to take care of the garland. (Maybe to make me feel better after I said he was raining on my Christmas parade?!) I’m sure we’ll tweak things as time goes by, but I’m pleased with how it looks so far. 



I have several nativity sets, but this one is my favorite. My husband actually gave it to me for Valentine’s Day one year. (Proof he’s really not a Scrooge, as I like to say sometimes.)

Our tree is a mixture of old and new ornaments. It’s become customary for my three boys to choose a new one each year. I take part, as well, and these are two of my favorites. I’m a huge fan of tearooms and tea parties. And of course I love books! I’m wondering if maybe a motorcycle ornament would entice my husband to help decorate the tree next year…


About The Sheriff's Christmas Twins
Convinced that Allison Ashworth deserves better, Sheriff Shane Timmons has always tried to remain aloof around his childhood companion. But with Allison in Gatlinburg for the holidays, insisting on caring for two motherless babies, Shane feels obliged to help her. How can he keep his distance when she and the children are quickly becoming the family he never dared to wish for? 

As a girl, Allison was drawn to the wary yet handsome Shane, who never seemed to look her way. But in spending time with him and two sweet babies, she might yet find a chink in the confirmed bachelor's armor. Every shared moment gives Allison hope that this Christmas, her dreams of motherhood—and a life with Shane—may finally be coming true.



About Karen
Karen Kirst was born and raised in East Tennessee near the Great Smoky Mountains. A lifelong lover of books, it wasn't until after college that she had the grand idea to write one herself. The pursuit of her dream would take longer than she first anticipated...years, in fact. In the fall of 2010, she got the happy news that Harlequin Love Inspired Historical wanted to publish her manuscript-a true blessing from God. Now she divides her time between being a wife, homeschooling mom, and romance writer. Her favorite pastimes are reading, hosting tea parties and spending time with friends.













5 comments:

  1. Karen, Your Christmas decorations look lovely! I hope you, your family and your home are safely away from the wildfires.
    I'm looking forward to reading this new Christmas story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, we are about 45 minutes away from Gatlinburg. I hope you enjoy The Sheriff's Christmas Twins. :)

      Delete
  2. Karen, your Christmas decorations are beautiful. And how fun decorating your new home this year! :) I just finished your book and LOVED it!
    Merry Christmas! Patti Jo ("CatMom")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that teacup ornament is my favorite! Beautiful decorations and your staircase looks wonderful. We have a staircase but it's not open enough to use garland on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. I LOVE the ornaments showcased. The pouring teapot and book nerd ornaments are so perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete