Friday, December 21, 2012

Great Christmas Tree Tour: Elizabeth Lane



A few years ago I spent some time in the Peruvian Amazon.  I was so intrigued with the gorgeous butterflies there that I decided to make a butterfly Christmas tree.  The tradition stuck, and I’ve done it every year since.  Different, but I like it.  The first year I put it up, my two cats attacked the tree and pulled it over.  Now they’re older and used to it.

Because I live alone and have a small family, my Christmas celebration is pretty simple.  My single daughter is rarely here for the holidays but my son, his wife and three children are close by.  Since I have to share their day with other relatives, they come to my house in late morning for a Christmas brunch.  Then we open presents.  The chaos ends when they go elsewhere, leaving me to clean up and collapse for the rest of the day.







This is my beautiful granddaughter.  She and her two teenage brothers are the favorite part of my Christmas.  This year is especially poignant because she’s the same age as the sweet children who died in Newtown.  She gets lots of extra hugs.



Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season.

Elizabeth



****************************************************************************************************
“I want the boy.”

For three years Angie Montoya hid her son from her late fiancĂ©’s family...until his brother tracked them down.  Now Jordan Cooper demands she move to his Santa Fe ranch—the boy’s birthright.  But how can Angie live with the man who called her a gold digger...the man whose one kiss she’s never forgotten?

Racked by guilt since his twin’s death, Jordan seeks redemption by raising his nephew.  But Angie resurrects a hunger in him that only she can satisfy.  Jordan knows he can have her on one condition—she never learns the truth about him.





11 comments:

  1. I love the butterflies. Your granddaughter's beautiful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Liz. And thank you for inviting me to your blog today. Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I didn't know you had a new book out. I'll have to find it. Your tree is lovely. you granddaughter even lovelier. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlene. The new book is my first Desire and I'll be writing more, but also more historicals. Hope your own books are doing well. I loved FOREVER MINE.
      Wishing you a peaceful, happy Christmas and a healthy new year.

      Delete
  4. I love the butterfly tree! And I cannot wait for In His Brother's Place, such a great concept and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your tree today, Elizabeth. I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterfly tree is special, especially with all the memories it's sure to bring you from your travels, Elizabeth. I liked the story of your cats attacking it. LOL We always had to hang the least breakable/cloth ornaments at the bottom of the tree and keep it tinsel free.

    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mary, I hope you enjoy the book. You are amazing. And thank you, Cheryl, for having me as your guest. It's been fun sharing my celebration with readers.

    LOL, Marcy. I didn't see my tree come down that year but one of my cats is huge. He probably leaped up high and the tree went "timber...." I came back from a walk and everything was on the floor. Thanks for stopping by to comment.

    ReplyDelete