Saturday, December 04, 2010

Christmas Tree Tour: Margaret Brownley's Lucky Horseshoe Tree

Every year Margaret comes up with something unique! Love this one.


Margaret says:
“What kind of crazy Christmas tree is grandma going to have this year?” is a common refrain around our house.  Last year it was a saguaro cactus, this year it’s a horseshoe tree, decorated with a cowboy Santa and other western ornaments.  Now that our children are grown and have traditional trees of their own, I’m now free to be creative.  The challenge is to come up with something new and different each year, but that’s part of the fun. I’ll try anything once and sometimes, like the year I decorated a prickly tumbleweed, once is enough!

When looking for a husband, it's best to go where the odds are in your favor.

And that would be Rocky Creek, Texas, 1880. But Jenny Higgins's plan to find husbands for her two sisters hits a snag when enthusiastic applicants fail to meet her stringent requirements.

Rejecting her sisters' choices for mates and riding herd on her growing feelings for Marshal Rhett Armstrong, she refuses to give up.

Jenny thinks choosing a husband is not a job for the heart. It'll take one strong and handsome marshal to convince her otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!

    There are advantages to having the kids out of the house!

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gonna have to try this. My dear husband and children cleaned out the attic. They tossed the tub with the Christmas tree. So for two years this has been the house with no tree. Not happy about it. Husband swears he's looking at it as going green and taped a card up on the wall. I didn't get his humor last year.. Perhaps, I'll try this. Maybe a tree made out of clear bottles I saw on GMA. Hum gonna be creative.. I want to tell you how much I love the blurb for this book. It truly sounds so interesting. Jenny sounds like an awesome character. I can't wait to meet her.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete