Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To-Die-For Pie: National Pie Day is Coming!

Now here's a holiday we can sink our teeth into!
Just in case you weren't aware of it, Friday is National Pie Day! I don't want you to miss a celebration like this, I mean there are gowns and jewlery to consider wearing for this event. Oh, and pie. Until Friday, I'll be sharing pie recipes so you can find something you like. Not that finding a pie we like is tough, but so that you can have a selection to choose from. Oh, heck, I'm not kidding anyone. I'll be posting recipes just so you'll have some yummy pie recipes and most likely try them all!

Crust:
1/4 cup butter, melted
15 to 18 Keebler Pecan Shortbread Sandies cookies, finely crushed

Stir butter into finely crushed cookies with fork. Press into a 9-inch pie pan; freeze to firm.

First layer:

2 cups Cool Whip
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon sugar

With electric mixer, beat all ingredients together until blended; spread onto crust and return to freezer.

Second layer:

2 cups Cool Whip
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup peanut butter

Beat Cool Whip, sugar and cream cheese together until blended. Mix in peanut butter and spread on top of pie; return to freezer.

Third layer:

2 cups Cool Whip, plus extra for topping.
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 ounces German sweet chocolate baking squares, melted

Beat Cool Whip, sugar and cream cheese together until blended. Beat in melted chocolate. Spread on top of pie and return to freezer.

Before serving, top with more Cool Whip.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my Cheryl! That made my mouth water just reading the recipe! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl - the pie sounds delish.

    You know, after checking your post several times, I drafted a comment
    asking what the title was b/c I didn't see it. Just prior to sending, I went back to check one more time and saw in the title:
    Too-Die-For Pie: National Pie Day is Coming!

    LOL - I totally missed that! I kept thinking pie was to die for literally. And my mind was going, yeah, but what's the title.

    Thanks for putting a smile on my face. That recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete