Now, mind you, I have never actually BOUGHT anything from Craigslist, but you know what? A whole heck of a lot of people do. And quite a few of them have been buying stuff from me.
I've been cleaning, sorting, purging and making room in my storage room. I am now able to walk to where the Christmas totes and boxes are. A week ago I couldn't even see the Christmas stuff.
Yes, it's true. Cyndy Salzmann will be so proud of me, especially when she sees her name show up in her google alerts and comes to check out what I said about her. Hmmm, I'll have to remember that in the future. Fun way to attract people to my blog. (*lizzie Starr, are you reading your google alerts? Just checking.)
But I digress. Cyndy is a professional organizer and author of books on organization. I'd love to win her for a week -- or a weekend. And she offers good advice on getting rid of things that clutter your life and cause stress.
Anyone who knows me knows I'm a collector of just about everything. Well, as of now I am no longer a collector of Disney or Pixar toys or brass candlesticks. I sold a kitchen hutch a few weeks ago, also a wicker loveseat that was simply a place to pile clothes in my bedroom, and tons of other stuff is gone, too - toys, puzzles, games.
So why do I love selling things on Craigslist?
* I don't have to get ready for a garage sale
* I can list as few or as many as I want at a time
* I can change my mind and delete the listing (I've never done it, but it's a possibility)
* No gas usage - people drive to my house and take away their treasures
* People pay me cash for the stuff I don't need
* I can afford guilt-free pedicures
* I can treat my husband to a movie
* I've met really nice people
* I think it drives my neighbors crazy seeing all the cars coming and going
* My storage room is neat and tidy - I can walk in and find things
* My laundry room is cleared out
* I can park my car in the garage
This could get dangerous. "Honey, do you really need that drill? I can sell it!" LOL
But seriously, I'm in love. With Craig, whomever he may be - I have no clue.
See photos of stuff that is no longer cluttering my house and my pedicure I got today.