Monday, March 03, 2008

Ho hum: Voted off American Idol

It was so uneventful, I didn't bother to post until now.
Voted off: Jason Yeager -- Yes, he's a good singer, but considering the calibur of guys thus season EVERY guy voted out from here on is going to be good.

Alexandrea. Okay by me. David Archuleta cried, and she hugged him.
Alaina. She sang well for being such a basket case. Not a terrible singer.

And Robbie, who Simon said never felt real to him.


AOL Television
One of the latest 'American Idol' castoffs, Robbie Carrico, has spent the days following his elimination having to defend his hairline rather than his lackluster performance.

Carrico, whose authenticity had been repeatedly called into question throughout the competition, failed to wow the judges last Tuesday with his take on Foreigner's 'Hot Blooded.' The following day, TMZ reported that the 26-year-old singer's hair wasn't all his. Sources told the Web site that he actually wore a wig, but that he never spoke about it, creating an awkward situation backstage on the show. 'Idol' producers did not comment.

PEOPLE also spoke to a source that said Carrico's hair "could be some sort of weave. His long hair is impossible. There’s no way he could grow that hair.”

After being voted off the show. Carrico went on the defense about his long locks. He told AOL Television "I've been growing this hair for a very long time. I think it's ridiculous that they have to come up with something like that."
Carrico also stood by his musical authenticity. "That's kind of a strong point for me," he says. "I've spent the past six years working my tail off in grungy bars. Pulling our own trailer with our equipment and living out of a van sometimes and doing all of the grunt work that they said they didn't see me doing, because of what I did before with pop music. That was a job to me. Like I said before, this is me and you get what you see."

No comments:

Post a Comment