Thursday, June 07, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

We all have our priorities, things we're willing to spend money on and sacrifice elsewhere in order to do or have. I know someone who budgets around their tanning sessions, someone who stops for a cappuccino every single morning. There are some who use coupons on groceries in order buy expensive car washes or scrimp through the week to afford steak dinner on Saturday night. Not everyone can see the appeal of your particular type of pleasure, but you can bet they have one of their own. Maybe they stash Godiva chocolates under the sofa cushion or do their own home repairs and lawn so they can afford a day at a spa once a month. What's your pleasure? Is it shoes? Manicures? Ben & Jerry's?

What is it you can't do without?

10 comments:

  1. The only thing I can't do without are my books. I do cut out coupons and I have all my married life. I use some of the money I save at the grocery store to buy the books I want. Of course, I do buy some chocolate sometimes, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHOCOLATE! Any kind of chocolate. I like the expensive, dark chocolate the best, but in a pinch I've been known to eat an entire 12 oz. bag of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips in one setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books!!! As much as I love food, I'll sacrifice almost anything for my books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely books although I do enjoy shopping for clothes and shoes also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books, chocolate (I miss those peanut butter chocolate sweets), music (right now I want to get my hands on a Eurovision Song Contest CD) and my new guilty pleasure, DVD movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, without a doubt ... in a heartbeat ... has to be chocolate and a coke!!! Maybe a good book (preferable one of Cheryl's.) Oh, and ice cream, especially at Christmas ... peppermint!! Oh, now you've done it Cheryl! Is it Christmas yet?!?! Ice cream, ice cream, peppermint ice cream!!!! Ok, I'm calmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guilty pleasure is having to have a milk chocolate carmel when I pass a candy store....especially when they are from a candy store that makes them homemade! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love to shop for clothes and books! Food related...I love the chocolate shakes at Steak n' Shake. They are so good going down, but I know when I'm finished, it's going to take a week to burn off those calories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can clean my own house, make my own coffee, paint my own nails, and do my own pedicures but boy I can't do without a massage (or a man for that matter)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have several things I just can't do without...
    Books
    Dove Dark Chocolate
    Shoes (my shoe collection is in competition with my TBR pile of books)
    Massage (once or twice a month)
    Pedicure (once a month)

    ReplyDelete